Rhondda Homeowners Association
Minutes of the Board of Directors Meeting
February 20, 2012
Meeting brought to order at 7:03 p.m. at the Farmhouse
Members Present: Mike Cassella, Sue Patt, Chris Trevaskis, Dave Bova, Debbie Dainis, Ryan Dawson, Angelina Almadanat
Member Absent: Frank Cetera
Others Present: Scott Leidy
Approval of January 2012 minutes - discussion about sentence under committee reports - remove line reading "The Board agreed to enforce the fine for failure to obtain approval for work."
Dave Bova made a motion to accept minutes as amended. Sue Patt seconded motion. All in favor.
Property Managers Report- see attached
1. Sue discussed information located on the CAI website. She noted the Chapter Meeting is coming up on 4/19/12. She suggested that Scott join as a new membership since Danielle’s membership has expired.
2. Scott is testing multiple software systems to suggest to the Board. He noted that Peachtree is getting slower everyday and that is a concern. Scott and Carol like the TOPS system but still want to research and test some other systems.
3. Gold Star Community Recognition - Sue suggested the Community apply for this status which is through CAI.
Website Committee - did not meet
1. New Board Member - Mike called all the people that received 1 vote for a Board position during the recent election and no one was interested in accepting the position. Dave stated he would speak with Jackie Denning again this week and see if she will reconsider and then he will let Mike know her decision. If she is not interested there will be a notice placed in the Roster.
2. Geese - Dave discussed the need for goose control again, he spoke with a rep at Longwood Gardens and he has given several suggestions. He noted that constant and ongoing disturbance of the geese is necessary to control them and eliminate population. Angelina motioned to begin using dogs and a starter pistol to begin chasing the geese before they nest. Chris seconded motion. All in favor.
3. 332 Penwyllt Court - the resident continues to allow their dog to run free and relieve itself in the Court. Scott will direct the neighbors to call the police and the HOA will reinstitute the fining process.
4. 241 Towyn Court - the house has been empty for the last 7 years, the owner pays someone to mow the lawn. Scott will inspect the property for possible issues and violations.
1. Drainage pipe from the main pond has collapsed, the road is flooded below the pond and it is deteriorating. Total Site Development has submitted a proposal. Dave suggested having them also look at the upper pond drainage since that has never worked properly and then add that to the bid to correct both pond areas at the same time. Dave motioned to accept the bid if cost is at or below $11,000 for both areas. Angelina seconded motion. All in favor.
2. Projected capital reserve costs this year
• asphalt, seal coating and court repairs - approximately $80,000
• pond drainage - approximately $10,000
• HOA software - approx $10-15,000
• Curbs - ? cost
• Projecting $100,000-105,000+ this year
Dave motioned to adjourn meeting at 8:56 p.m. Angelina seconded motion. All in favor.
Respectfully submitted by,
Debbie Dainis, secretary